Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 460 ford ranger-pics n vids up
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #11
nightstalker00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

K got the fullsize coils on the front. Need to add a few inches to the rear to level it back out. The coils mount on studs that are welded to a plate that attaches to the 77 ford radius arm. The original stud that attached the ranger coil was shorter than what was needed to mount the fullsize coil with the correct spring pad. Went to the junkyard and scavenged a set out of a 94 f150.

Now there is plenty of clearance for the boggers. Next up is to build some retaining tabs for front coils. Then to level out the rear.
Also my homemade bump stops/tubes that center the coil in the rear, i will correctly finish those. Cut top at slit angle to follow path of coil up and down. Also do some mods to them. Went to hardware store and bought some pipe caps that are rounded. Going to fasten a half inch bolt inside them, attach to the pipe and use that to bolt the tube up instead of welding. That way it will make it much easier if i ever need to remove coil if the ride isnt what i want.

Last edited by nightstalker00; January 19th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
nightstalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05399 seconds with 20 queries