Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discount Tire rant
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #47
dreezy
whadayatalkinabout

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post

That said, the nail was on the edge of dreezy's diagram between repair and don't repair, he put the hard sale on for me to get new tires. I pointed directly to the wear bars and said I still have about 5-10k out of these tires, I fully intend on purchasing some new rims and tires in a few weeks when I get my tax returns and install my leveling kit.

If he hadn't put the full court press on I probably would have considered ordering my tires from them for fixing the flat for free......so there's that side of the coin too.
I sold a lot of tires using the "its fixed but come back and see me when you have some loot for new shoes. Here's a price for a comparable tire, if you can beat it else where, ask for me and I will give you the best deal I can."

Some others seemed to think the "buy tires now or die approach" worked better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd93 View Post
When I recently bought a set of used MT/R's off a member here I took them to discount to have them mounted/balanced. Discount refused to touch them because they were 10 years old. Took them to Belle Tire and they hooked me up. Not dealing with Discount any more.
Something happened while I worked there to a kid who inflated an old tire and ended up a vegetable. It was close to the time when I quit working there. The story I heard was the manager told him to tube an old dry rotted tire and it blew up in his face and he was from then on a vegetable. Last I was there, it was a max of 10psi on the changer and every tire got fully inflated in a cage. I remember airing up 35 series tires to 110psi on the changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07912 seconds with 21 queries