Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Walmart Tire Centers
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #3
Doing stuff...and things.
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)

Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Basically, I spend over 2 hours waiting at wally world to get some tires put on; I live in an apt 3 hours from my tools/jacks, etc so it was my only option. The trip ended up with them saying they couldn't mount the tires because they are less tread than what I have on now and are really low in general. I don't disagree they're nearly junk but I just need them for winter, and even with less tread would be better in the snow that my current tires. I made them swap out a really really bad tire I had one, and the charged me $16 for it, 5 to mount, 3 valve stem and 8 to balance. I didn't tell them to balance the tire nor to put a valve stem in; nor did they ask.

I guess I can get around the valve stem, whatever can't hurt, but the 8 bucks for ballancing just was enough; it's not the cost itself, it's the principal. That, and it took over 2 hours for them to figure that out. When I got there, there was only one other car in the garage. Bull pucking shoot it takes 2 hours for that kinda work

Am I then only one that has issues (not the 1st time something like this has happened, but i didn't have much of a choice); or the only dumb enough to go to walmart for tire services?

Oh, end rant
I am finding it really hard to agree with anything here.

This makes me already miss Texas' yearly safety inspections.

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07886 seconds with 20 queries