View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #14
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
So these users who are going to access the server are untrusted users? Are they not a part of your company? This is a big security issue. Do you have an existing domain with a domain controller?

Remote Desktop Gateway is easy to set up, it's just a roll that a server provides. It's considered unsafe to have the RDP port open to the internet and the RDP gateway is a safe way for public access. RDP Gateway is only available on server 2008.

You will need virtualization if you want to run three instances of server. Hyper-v 2012 is free or you could run Hyper-v inside 2008 standard.

Does this file share that the vendor application needs to access also need to be accessed by users inside your work? If not you could set up the RDP server and RDP Gateway on a separate network or DMZ.

As far as pricing, I'm not sure, I do not purchase our software or hardware.
I have 3 separate companies and I don't want to an employee from one to be browsing through info from another. I do not have a domain or domain controller.

is RDP gateway just software that I would set up?

the file share would be used locally and remotely. Quickbooks would only be used locally and the vendor software is a d-base file set that would be used locally and remotely. the file sharing is mostly saving, viewing and sending pdf files from and to email.
fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05515 seconds with 11 queries