Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - server help please
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #7
fukkinrizzo
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
you should also include a remote desktop gateway server if this is to be accessible publicly. If your users access via vpn, not necessary.

And yes, remote desktop is the new name for terminal.
what is involved in setting up a remote gateway server?

I can use a vpn for access, if I did that then they would have access to the rest of my network. I like the idea of them only accessing the server and then using the server permissions to limit what they can see or not see. I can set up a different virtual network in my router. Can the server be on two networks at the same time? then each network would be able to access the server but not users or shares on the other network.

Currently, I have pc's in the office with vendor software loaded onto them and the data files stored on a synology disk-station server. I mapped network drives to the pc's so the user can access the different files and the vendor software can access the data files. When I install Microsoft server, should I have the local users log onto the server in remote desktop or should they continue to only use the file sharing portion of the server and continue to use the old method?

so what do I have to buy? Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

Should I buy 2003? 2008? 2012?

This looks like standard addition and does not have remote desktop? http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...ed=0CGMQ8wIwAA
fukkinrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06066 seconds with 20 queries