Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Outdoor Wood Furnace owners
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #60
af26yrs

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am running the 5036. Installed it in 2006. I did most of the installation myself. I went with baseboard radiators instead of tying into my propane furnace. I love the baseboard heat as it keeps a more even heat in the house, not the ups and downs of the central system, no blower motor sound to put up with in the manufactured home.

I am out in the open so when it down below 0 Deg.'s and the wind is blowing hard some times the baseboard system can't keep up and my propane heat kicks on. This only happens maybe once or twice a year. I might not have put in enough radiators also, so that could be a cause of it not keeping up. Also with all the pex tubing and 1 6 foot radiator in the crawl space it stays really warm down there.

I buy my wood by the truck load, 20 full cord of all Oak for $1900. Lasts me about 2 years burning all year, just to heat my hot water in the summer. I have found that cutting the wood to about 18 inches and just loading the front half of the fire box is more efficient. I can load it at about 5 PM and only have to put a couple of logs on it in the morning about 10 AM to get through the day, then repeat.

Best investment I ever made. I was spending about $2400-$3000 a year on propane when it was $1.40 a gallon.

The only thing I can say about Central Boiler is that they are very picky about the 25 Year warranty. I have heard of them denying claims for burning wet wood and trash in the boiler.
af26yrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05746 seconds with 20 queries