View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #45
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildingup View Post
Was going to do one of these for my home but decided to go with geothermal so I don't have to go out in bad weather to fill with wood. What do you guys do when you go away on weekends or long vacations? How do you keep a constant heat in the house?

Have a bunch of down trees here if people are interested in taking a look in the spring as well.
Most people run two stats in there house ins for the burner an one for thee furnace. You keep the furnace stat around 60 and the burner stat At the temp you want the house. When the burner runs out or fire/hot water the furnace stat kicks in and you start burning propane. And the hot air going through the heat exchanger for the wood burner keeps the water from freezing in the burner, because the pump is always running.
I've lived in my house for 4 years now. Had the burner from day 1, I've never looked at the amount of propane in my tank, and I'm going to call and have it removed this year. I'm sick of looking at it.
Ive never used my furnace, me and my uncial live a mile apart. When he goes out of town I fill his and him the same for me.

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04438 seconds with 11 queries