View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #8
knixon804
THE GENERAL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
There was some discussion around new year's in chadcoopers build thread.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthr...175584&page=10

We are putting a 4L60E with the TransGo manual valve body conversion kit in our race jeep. Tranny Tom went through it to upgrade a few parts to hold up against our 6.0 and installed the MVB kit and made sure the trans was ok inside since we bought it used. I'm glad we did since he said a few seals were fubar'd from the previous installer. No computer needed, just add a vacuum line and shift like a manual. No TV cable either.

We went that way because we thought we might like the OD if in Low range, he 1st gear is deeper at 3.0 than the 2.5 of the TH350/TH400, and we got a good deal on it with the adapter already installed.

AlumCJ runs a 4L80E built by Tranny Tom with the Trans Go valve body kit in it, too. I think he had a checkup on it this year and all was well inside on a built up LS2 racing Ultra4 events.

I would go with either of those choices.

that was my other thought. i didnt know i could run a full manual valve body and not run electronics
knixon804 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05051 seconds with 11 queries