View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #103
dmcjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Im 43 been wheeling some thing since I could walk. Didnt get my first 4x4 untill I was 19, a big k5 blazer.

I remember the dunes back then. You could drive out about 300' to a sand bar if your truck was big enough and you knew where to go. Bon fires,camping, beer, and traffic going in all directions. It was crazy.
I remember those days. Not so much camping in the dunes as I am not sure that was OK but it might have been and I just do not remember but rideing around drinking beer and going ever direction I remember well. Standing in the back of the old jeep and hanging on to the roll bar for dear life. It was defineitely wild. Just got to busy over the years though and all good things had to come to an end. In those days where the cars park now off to side was where everyone parked. There was no big lot and the wait was still plenty long on holiday weekends but nothing like now days. That must make me about 60. If I remember correctly the first year I went there was 1969 but it might have been 1970. Had an old 1960 CJ 5 with the whooping ass 4 cylinder and farm implement tires. Than in 1973 I got a brand new CJ 5 with a 304 and that was a major difference. Went there about every other weekend for 3 or 4 years. Than it was even open in the winter if you could get in.
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04575 seconds with 11 queries