Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - not your typical one ton yj build
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #18
vis_eclipse
ton yj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacongrease View Post
How well did the anti wrap set up work in the rear? Doesnt look like it would have much leverage, but i guess looks can be decieving.

btw: good looking build
its not done yet but i will take pics once done its not a typically designed anti wrap bar its a really cool design that doesnt hinder flex at all i think most ppl call it a bam bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorf350 View Post
not bashing your thread or anything but why did you mount the engine so high? link clearance? It just seams really high. Looks like a fun project tho. ill keep an eye on this one.
it was so i could get the right tcase output shaft angle with the tummy tuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
looks good. on your 14 bolt shave. are you going to modify the stock cover or buy an aftermarket one?

mine looked the same as yours the 1st time i shaved and plated one. without adding at least one hole down low i could not get it to seal. I added 2 small holes near the corners where the plate is welded to the housing. i made a custom cover out of 3/16" plate and it sealed great after that.
i was going to buy a blue torch fab builders kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
it's the "built not bought" sticker...that lets you know this guy is the real deal! What is does for me is let me know this guy can't afford to buy it. I bet he thinks he can make homemade McDonalds cheese burgers too!
pretty quick to judge someone arent we. i could easily pay to have a shop do it 5 times over but why when i have the ability to do so myself after work.
vis_eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07716 seconds with 20 queries