Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - '77 K10 Revival from Wood hauling hell
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #10
KingCutlass
Classic ridin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I haven't had much time to update this because the project stalled. Both due to winter having officially killing my timeline to get the truck ready for winter driving and that my Yukon has recently blown out the 2-3 clutch packs in the transmission and will no longer shift out of second gear.

Having both trucks down is a real problem because I don't have the money to finish either right now, especially due to hours being cut at my job the last few months.

I am still struggling to get the steering arm off of the truck, however I managed to score some square tubing to make spacers for the swaybar if/when I get the steering arm changed out and replace the eye bushing for the swaybar.

Then all I have to do is swap out the brakes lines for the braided ones, cut some plates for the rear axle to bolt on the calipers (still working on that one) and put on all the new brake parts I have sitting in the front seat.

Bolt the bed down (Just sitting there for now) and wire in new taillights and I'll be good to go for now, but it's really hard to do in the snow.

That's my update, I'll post more as things develop, but for now I'm going to try and figure out where to come up with a 4l60E for a 98 Yukon when I'm broke. Hmm...
KingCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06819 seconds with 20 queries