View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #38
uglydodge

Gearblok Lock (fKA Hillbilly Locker)

Sorry All, I have been tied up for the past 9 months.
The current status on this idea is semi stagnant. I tested these to failure in the front of my 1990 dodge which I have since sold and replaced it with 1985. The 85 has a 60 frt end. This is the main reason for the decision since the dana 44 could not take the abuse. When I failed the locker blocks, i had been operating with one wheel drive in the front from a previous axle shaft break on the passenger side earlier in the day. It finally came apart at the same time I twisted the driver side axle shaft, precisely when my front wheels landed on some tractable hard pack from air born. I still have all the pieces, I will post pictures by sunday. I had some fitment issues on the old school dana 44's with the larger spider gear pin (used c-clips to retain the pin in the carrier. I have currently changed the design for the 60 axles, although I have not tested yet. I do have a couple sets of dana 44 lockers if anyone is interested, they work well in my opinion considering what i put the initial test through.
uglydodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05127 seconds with 11 queries