Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My first Buggy build.
View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #61
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
The thing about the coil over shocks is more about getting the spring rate correct. You guys running them know that even with the calculators the chances of a novice getting the correct setup perfect on the first try is dang near impossible.
Toss in the amount of pure guessing I will have on this(not to many builds like this to go off of) and I see myself buying 2 or even 3 sets of springs before I would get the feel and results I want. That on top of the fact that the shocks do need constant rebuilding and charging(at least every 2 years if driven like I plan) and the fact that they still will not allow the reaction time that I want had me looking elsewhere.

I am not saying coil overs are bad in any re-guard. I am just saying I feel they are not right for this build with the goals and uses I have planned. I am really trying to avoid shooting my mouth off with my crazy ideas. I am simply going to do it and you guys can give feedback after you see how it performs.
huh

Page generated in 0.05146 seconds with 20 queries