Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #203
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Big crew tonight. We had white rhino, jeepm715, pwrwagon, and jeepm715 & pwrwagon's nephew and I working tonight. Thanks!

We double and triple checked the chassis to make sure we've welded up everything. It's been on both of its sides and didn't crush itself under its own weight.

I still need to put in some panel tabs in places where i know where they need to go and check if we have some seat belt tabs. We need to make a shoulder harness bar, but we're out of tube so we'll have to pick up a few feet from somewhere. We might rework the radiator mount as part of the winch mount.

Plan is try and get it painted before Christmas and start reassembly after Christmas.

Trans is with Tom. Sounds like it was a 4L60E and put together poorly by the last guy. He's upgrading parts for us and getting the manual shift kit in.

Axles are with cj7ontherocks to get gears. Going with 5.13s and Detroits front and rear. Knuckles, high steer arms, and hubs are going to JeepM715's brother for machining and 9/16 studs.

Last edited by JohnnyJ; December 19th, 2012 at 12:20 AM.
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06278 seconds with 20 queries