View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #17
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

The t-shirt says:

Dear God,
Why do you allow so much violence in our schools?

-A concerned student

Dear Concerned Student,

I'm not allowed in schools.

-God

We have this awful school shooting the other day and it gets thousands of shares on facebook.

Now can anybody who agrees with the "ideals" of the t-shirt explain it to me? Every way I look at it, it just reflects poorly on who's ever god it is.

One way, God allows violence in school because he's upset at the decision to not allow schools to endorse a religion by having the staff lead prayers. To me, in this situation, God is a petty tyrant.

Another way, God isn't "allowed" in school, so he has no power to stop it. Is he/she bound by a twisted interpretation of federal law?

Anything i'm not seeing here?

When I saw this thing right after the shooting, I made this comment:

"So, God allows children to be brutally murdered because public schools aren't allowed to promote religion? That's pretty disgusting and if you believe this, I think it speaks more to the nature of God than the separation of church and state."

which warranted a very long and drawn out private message from a "friend" who basically told me that he can't wait for my judgement from god, yada yada yada, and that he didn't care what happened to me. And he de-friended me. ;)

Was my comment offensive? Was it more or less offensive than the message on the t-shirt?

Last edited by mikesova; December 18th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05497 seconds with 11 queries