Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ranger vs s10 vs ?? for light duty hauling ONE TIME
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #158
82cj7ltd
Saved by Grace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

awesome, thanks a ton!

Well here is the 2011 dakota bed specs for crew cab vs extended. Though I don't think they actually have any extended cabs for rent.....
CARGO BOX DIMENSIONS
Extended Cab Crew Cab
Nominal Box Length, ft. 6.4 5.3
Length at Floor, Tailgate Closed 78.8 64.9
Length at Floor, Tailgate Open 100.3 86.3
Interior Width, Maximum 59.6 59.6
Distance Between Wheelhouses 45.2 45.2
Tailgate Opening Width 59.6 59.6

So essentially, even with the extended cab, the tub wouldn't be able to sit flat. It would at least fit inside the bed with the tailgate open

So even if I manage to find an extended cab (which they told me they don't have), I'm still not going to be able to set it in the truck bed oriented correctly. I guess having the tub hang out the back (w/crew cab) by 7" really isn't that much.

Now, I wonder if there's a way for me to put planks or something on the wheel humps and make a platform of sorts for it to sit on. That would be ideal, plus it would leave me room under the tub I think. Though it would completely annihilate the view from my center mirror.

So now I have to see what the colorado's specs are, and if that doesn't work, decide if I want to lay it on its side, pay more to get a fullsize truck, or pull a trailer behind the small truck.
82cj7ltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.57038 seconds with 20 queries