Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ranger vs s10 vs ?? for light duty hauling ONE TIME
View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #149
dmcjeep

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82cj7ltd View Post
alright, well it is a 1 piece front clip. Do you think that laying a fiberglass tub on its side and strapping it that way would damage the tub at all? Stress cracks or something like that?
I get the anti-trailer sentiment, but I was already going to be replacing its tires, repacking the bearings, and having a spare with me. Does that change your feeling on it at all?

My best looking options right now are: get a truck from enterprise and out the stuff in the bed or haul a trailer down, buy a truck and do the same, bus/train down there, and truck back.
OK I pulled a small trailer from Mi. to Ca. and back with no problems but I would still not to thrilled with doing it again. Especially if I could just get a truck and haul whatever in that. Personally I would not have any issue with hauling the tub on it side but that is something that you would have to decide on your own. I am not about to say ya do it and than you have a problem. If it were me I would still opt for buying/renting a full size truck. I just did a couple quick numbers and if you can get 20mpg with a truck it will cost about $400 to go 1000 miles at $4 a gal. Do a car/small truck at 27mpg going to cost about $296. So just for the difference in comfort I personally would go for the full size truck. Whats it going to cost $100 to have more room? Well worth nit to me.
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07691 seconds with 20 queries