View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #138
82cj7ltd
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb304 View Post
Option 1: find rust free full size truck for sale down south, buy plane ticket, take cab to truck, buy truck, go pick up your junk, drive home, post up add “southern truck for sale”, enjoy the profits!
Option 2: work some overtime or a side job to pay for shipping and fukc driving to Georgia back.
Option 3: do some pm work on your buddy’s blazer and hit the road. Is it really in bad enough shape that it is likely to break down half way to its next oil change?
Note: regardless of what you do, If a trailer is involved make sure you do some maintenance on that before you go. Pack bearings and make sure it has good tires properly inflated. Bring a spare. You are more likely to have problems with the cheap running gear on a small trailer than anything. Waterford to George is the exact distance it takes for un-serviced bearings to suffer a catastrophic failure resulting in the whole hub flying off the trailer and the spindle grinding on the cement lighting up the front of the greyhound bus behind you like the fourth of July and catching 300 yards of dry grass clipping along the highway on fire in the process.
I've already said this, fyi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82cj7ltd View Post
For those who want to suggest what has already been, here is a fairly brief summary of what I'm checking into.

1. A train or bus for the way down- price will be posted when I have a few quotes. May be feasible.

2. Fly down- $560
drive back (with truck bought in Georgia) gas=?? $200? food=$50? can't take more than 4oz with me.

3. Ship it via open carrier- $760-$815

4. Ship via Truck freight- I was told $420 for the tub, and $250 for the front clip. Still looking into it.
Talked to route55- he said my stuff was a little big for truck freight shipping.

5. buy a cheap car of some type? (v6, or even 4 cylinder jetta)? and drive that down there? (don't see how that's different than a truck- pls tell me)

Just so you all know I'm considering each idea I've been given.
edit: 6- fix buddy's blazer. he said it would need a good amount of work, and even it it was done, he's not very comfortable driving it long distances, so that will still be out of the question.

Yes, I was planning on re-packing bearings and getting new tires on it before I left, assuming I go that route, which I'm not sure about now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
Buy a different jeep that is clean locally then sell your rusted out pos. Then you don't have to drive to Georgia or swap tubs.
I don't have a tub at all, let alone a rusted out one. There arent any clean jeeps locally. I've addressed this multiple times. The obvious and logical solution can't be solved so easily, or else I wouldn't have made a thread about it.
Thanks anyways.
82cj7ltd is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05458 seconds with 11 queries