Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ranger vs s10 vs ?? for light duty hauling ONE TIME
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #131
dmcjeep

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

OK Maybe I missed this somewhere but why not just by a fullsize truck with either the 6 cyl. manual or V-8 manual and just throw the tub in the back strap it down. Should still be able to get an easy 15-16 mpg or better with any of these trucks even with the auto trany I would think that 15-16 would still be real possible. Than you will have a better chance of getting AC and cruise control also. I am not sure but I would not be to suprised if yopu could even get a tub in the bed of an S-10 or Ranger with no trouble. Biggest issue would be what is the actuiakl weight that you would be hauling. In a little truck a difference of 700lbs-1000lbs could be a big difference. Skip the trailer altogether. A jeep tub will fit in the box of a full size truck with no issues and thats one less set of tires to worry about going flat or smokeing wheel bearings in the trailer wheels. I have hauled lots of cj tubs in my fullsize truck no problem. If you just put it into the back you could also still do a truck rental.
dmcjeep is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.29722 seconds with 20 queries