View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #20
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82cj7ltd View Post
Alright, well here are my known problems with some of those options. It will cost me $700 to pay to have it shipped.

If the 4cyl's are too underpowered for the job (cj fiberglass tub on 8x10 open trailer), then I could always get a 6cyl.

I just want to see which of the motor/trans combos are most dependable, and get good mpg too. But even driving a v6 down there is cheaper (more than half the price) of paying for it to get shipped. Plus, I can recoup my money if I buy a truck, not so with shipping it.

Renting a truck is so expensive per mile that it wouldn't be worth it either, (over $800)+gas and same with plane tickets ($4-600), cause this is the worst time of year to be flying. I would totally rent a truck if the pricing wasn't so awful.

So I'm down with a v6, if everyone thinks the 4 cyl is too underpowered to pull 1k lbs. now how about a manual vs auto?
and any experience with the I6 f150 auto/manual? the engines are good, but do those trannies have problems?
By the time you buy this truck and fix everything to make it run well enough to make the trip it will be more then 700$.

These trucks don't tow much better then the little car you said won't do it for you.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04464 seconds with 11 queries