Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Is this Aiding our enemy
View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #20
aber61

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Since you didn't get it either.

That was three years ago while the deal was being negotiated between our governments. The location didn't afford the "underling" Iraqis internet access to do research on the tanks. If the soldiers that we were training knew they were getting second hand, inferior tanks they would've just gave up and walked away as an issue of national pride even though what they got was infinitely better than anything else they had or could've bought.

Our orders not to discuss OUR tanks capabilities came to us through the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the request of the Iraqi government.

Now that they have their tanks and are happy with them AND I'm not in the middle of the Iraqi desert training those soldiers on those tanks I can tell you anything I want about the program.

Didn't think it would require so much explaining on such an obviously simple concept.
I was only messing with ya.
It would be quite obvious to sell them equipment for $$$$$ if thats what they wanted and not give them equally powerful weapons to use against us at a later time.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06370 seconds with 20 queries