Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Motor mounts
Thread: Motor mounts
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2
yyj87

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilinsonlevi View Post
I'm in the process of swapping a 4.0 in place of my 2.5 in a 93 yj. I have to cut off the factory frame side mounts and don't really want to reuse them. I'm thinking about getting a leaf spring bushing that fits between the engine side mount and sleeving it with tube. Then welding a tube to it off the frame and gusset it. Any idea how well that will work, as far too much stress on engine side mounts or not enough flex in bushing??
This is what in thinking to use between bracket off motor then weld tubes between it and frame.

I was destroying drivers side MM left and right, hard mounted that side w/ a $15 auto value on the other side, did the same with my cross-member that had a bushing attaching it to each frame rail w/ the trans hard mounted to the member.

So my engine/trans are both mounted with a steel sleeve on the drivers side and a rubber mount passenger side and it works fine.

I know its a Pollock's wet dream but I'm yet to have an issue (changed it a year ago) and I dd this pile!

IMHO I personally cannot see an issue with it, the poly mounts leave little movement and seem to be very popular.
yyj87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05481 seconds with 20 queries