Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Allstate sucks ass so does the Skip Sampson Branch
View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #14
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaguy View Post
I laughed for real, and a hunk of bologna sandwich flew and hit the screen.
sorry about that screen. hope it's insured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
I have citizens. My rates have done nothing but go up. I need to get serious about shopping for a new firm.
We have had Citizens ever since we left Allstate and generally yes rates have gone up somewhat.

On our home-owners (we bought the house in August of 2000, it's gone up roughly 35% in actual dollars over the past 12 years. Using a rough inflation adjuster, it's gone up 5% in inflation-adjusted-dollars - over 12 years. During that time we had two separate home-owner's claims, including one that required re-siding the entire home.

The house is insured for $276k +contents, plus a separate rider I won't disclose the amount of (in part cause I can't remember exactly) for jewelry that my wife owns as a result of her father being in the business and giving her fancy expensive baubles for most of her life - we pay $1,05x/year with a $500 deductible - doesn't sound that excessive to me honestly.

It's difficult to really track the price on the cars because we've changed them so many times. According to SmithPeaBodyStyles/Brown & Brown we can save a bit of money by going with Progressive. However, Citizens has been great with each and every car claim we've had (2 deer, and the BMW was totaled in a head-on crash)

*dunno*
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08631 seconds with 20 queries