Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project: Frankenburban (a 3/4 ton story)
View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #16
Rx7Kevin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Updates! 12/04/2012
So the plan is going to serp belt swap with E-fan. Almost got all the serp belt parts to swap but got other things in first. Gaskets and clutch hydraulics

size comparison between rx7 clutch and suburban lol

I will be re-using the old clutch because it is less than 10% worn, luckily whoever did the swap last at least put a new clutch in it but I believe the throwout bearing is so-so

Flywheel all nicely re-finished!

Here is the progress block on the block had to swap valve covers and replace those gaskets

Inside the block!

It was 100 dollars well spent! 4 bolt mains with a little windige tray and the cross hatch on the cylinder walls looks good as does underneath the valve covers.

Next up! Install high flow oil pump, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, install clutch components (hydraulic and mechanical/bearings) and hopefully drop this sucker in before Christmas.

Once the engine is in I can get the accessories in order, figure out what electric fan I want and etc, I would like to get the engine in before it gets cold considering I don’t think I’ve felt it be winter yet…

after that comes headers, electric oil pressure gauge, electrical water temp gauge.
Rx7Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06475 seconds with 20 queries