Here's some pics from the past few weeks. Floor patching is pretty much done. There's a few small things left to do, but the PITA pieces are done. We have to add some fresh metal behind the seats on the floor and to up the b-pillar to separate the fuel cell and hang the rest of the outside skins.
I reworked the shifter opening, something I have been meaning to do for about 10 years now. The Atlas shifts better than ever and I went to straight shifters instead of the bent up TJ shifters and made them 3" longer. Jesse's brother Mitch is going to machine some shift knobs for us and patch up our steering column.
We messed around for a while tonight trying to figure out the dash and trans shifter mount. We are going with a CJ-ish flat dash, and might hang the art carr shifter in the middle of it.
We finished up the shock mounts and borrowed some springs from AlumCJ to get corner weight estimates. Looks like around 750#/corner up front and 550#/corner in the back. We added some ballast up front to make up for no winch and used ballast in back to show a full fuel cell and spare tire. It's the first time we've had the jeep holding up it's own weight.
It's sitting probably 4" below ride height in the photo if we shoot for 7" uptravel.
Jesse and his brother also put in a few more support tube around the shocks on the pass side. One of the tubes will need a slight bend on the driver's side to go around the brake booster.
You can also see the start of the fan shroud and radiator mounting. It's a 24"x19" double pass Speedway radiator and we will be using a 19" ZJ 4.0 fan.