View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #62
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
because you have an AR snob, that spews internet garbage for fact in this thread

Gonna have to agree with you there.

I've owned a lot of AR-15s myself from home built to S&W M&P15s to Colts, Bushmasters, DPMS and Del-Ton.

Not a single one of them ever gave me a problem. None of these rifles mentioned in this thread are going to be carried overseas in an austere environment under combat conditions with piss poor maintenance so why are they being judged to that effect?

AR-15s these days are mass produced and there are bound to be a few bad apples in a bunch. For every problem rifle that is posted about and passed around on the internet there are 20 out there that have never had a hiccup and run all day long.

If you find a rifle you like, it's in stock, and it's at a good price then buy it and enjoy it.

If you're looking to join up with a contractor and deploy overseas then it's a different story and we can make another thread in the Firearms section discussing these weapons.

As for the OP's question... Buying a semi for precision shooting is like buying a Honda for speed. Why spend $20,000 making your Honda Civic into a 10 second car when you can spend $15,000 on an old Camaro and turn it into a 9 second car?

You can build a much more consistent, accurate and reliable rifle out of a Remington 700 for way less money than you'd spend on a semi trying to achieve the same thing.

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04652 seconds with 11 queries