Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mira's Jeep Cherokee Sport
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #263
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Mira's project is back underway (WOOT!), but we should informally rename it "Project Identity Crisis" (LOL) because...

This 100% rust-free, 1997 XJ 2-door from Texas found its way into my driveway this past weekend (bought it from unclemyke). It's currently 2WD, but we have all the stuff to convert it to 4WD (a 94K-mile driveline, with 53K-mile Dana 30/Dana 44 axles).

I have my daughters for the long holiday weekend this year, so we have a "hit list" of things to start working on, including:
  • Install an iPod-ready stereo
  • Install Gentex Temp/Compass rearview mirror'
  • Start installing cleaner interior bits (this one is kind of dirty, and the headliner is sagging).

Shortly (after I get a parts XJ out of the garage), we'll start thinking more seriously about installing 2" TeraFlex BB spacers in front, and H.D. Offroad Engineering shackle relocation in the rear (if time allows). We also have a set of 2011 JK Rubicon shocks all-around. The rear Dana 44 install won't be far behind.

Craig

1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04278 seconds with 20 queries