Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - school me on axle set up
View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:48 AM   #1
Piperkd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default school me on axle set up

96 cherokee with dana 30 and 8.8 going in... and now an 8" rustys lift off a guy on here to be installed soon..... started making money finally so ordered skinny boggers 38.5x11x15. The 8.8 is ready to go with 4.10's ls i know the 30 wont hold up so the Q is what is a solid set up for a replacement. i thinking a mildly built up 44 will suffice just curious on parts to make it " affordable" and strong... so far i normally just mud but crawling is not out of the mix... nothing extreme but it will def take a solid beating. sticking with the 4.0, aw4 with a shift kit from transgo, ive done alot of looking on here and everyone has there opinions and i know the first thing i will here is go full widths. again i have nothing against that but i want to know the best overall set up without going too overkill. i wanna do it right the first time and try to save some coin but not repeating myself mulitiple times. my question is with the boggers being so skinny only weighing about 70 lbs is that a factor in breaking stuff? or is it the shear height of them that breaks things? thanks
Piperkd is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06460 seconds with 20 queries