Originally Posted by FlatFender
The reputation is based on many things:
1. Non staked gas keys. For years Bushmaster didn't bother to do this, leading to a lot of gas keys coming loose while firing, rendering the rifle useless.
2. Accuracy issues. Many are known to be 3-4 minute guns.
3. Non MPI/HP tested bolts.
4. Inferior steel used for bolts. Mil-spec is 158 Carpenter, Bushy and DPMS do not use this, and there are a lot of bolts that shear teeth at relatively low round counts because of this.
5. QC issues. BM is known for shipping rifles with non-staked, finger tight castle nuts.
6. Use of commercial buffer tubes limits buttstock options.
For the same amount of money, there are much better options on the market. I'd steer clear, but what do I know, I'm just an armchair commando.
If I find the asshole that changed my bolt out I'm going to kick his ass
Accuracy issues is a shooter problem not the rifle
commercial buffer tubes?? HAHAHhahahahha!!!
so far just a bunch of internet garbage and BS