View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #28
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhed78 View Post
If you have sub 1/2" bolt guns that are under $700 you are correct $ for $ AR's in .308 can't compete. I'm not sure you can even get into a basic AR .308 for that kind of money. Fact of the matter is most people do not have the skills to shoot sub 1/2 MOA. Myself included. I'm pretty sure my Bushmaster's will outshoot me and I shoot those just under MOA.
It is amazing what you can do with a bolt action if you glass and pillar bed the stock. Also good optics with high quality rings that have been lapped make a big difference. Then you Spend a little time with some handloads and you can shoot 1/2" groups with most quality bolt guns. Hell even my Browning 300wsm that has been bounced off rocks out west and has had the end of the barrel slammed tip first into the ground a couple times still can barely squeek a 1/2 group. That gun has a lot of hot rounds through it and it is beat to say the least.

It isn't about what a person is able to do, it is what the gun is capable of. I want to know for a fact that any issue is me and not my gun.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04330 seconds with 11 queries