Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #188
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

I had some time on Sunday to to do some sheet metal work on the pass side. I drilled out the pop rivets and welded the panels in. This pretty much wraps up the pass side foot well. I need to burn in the driver's side, cover up the hole from the manual trans, and make a patch on the firewall still. I think I figured out how to do the back section of the jeep, too. I'm thinking I'm going to end the factory floor at the front of the back seat mount bar. I'll make a flange and tie it in. Then I'll run tin on the back side of the b-pillar and tie from the rear seat mount bar to that piece.

Jesse and I knocked out the rear B-pillar support. Jesse's nephew Jacob came over and knocked out the corner gussets and a bar on the driver's side b-pillar that we've been putting off. For tube work on the passenger side of the firewall we need an A-pillar support and door bars plus a kicker from C-pillar to the frame. Also need to figure out seat belt mounting.

Latest full stuff picture with more tube work filling in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4019rs.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	98492   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4022rs.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	98493   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4024rs.jpg
Views:	1548
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	98494  

Last edited by JohnnyJ; November 13th, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05954 seconds with 21 queries