Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - How We Need To Start Reforming Elections
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #28
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I agree with the need for reform. I don't not know just exactly what needs to be done or how.
I personally think each individual state's electoral vote should be split.

much like how the congress has two houses, the house supposedly for population, and the senate has seats per state.

instead of the state's electoral votes all being based on state popular vote, which gives the majority to population centers (look at this past election's county-based vote) there would be a splitting of the state's electoral votes in part based on each county, or perhaps region, district, or what have you - having some contribution.

the overall state's electoral vote need not change, but the more rural areas are overwhelmed by dense populations voter 'contribution'

(did I adequately dance around the fact that in a divided state like Michigan, that 1/2 million black voters in Detroit was more than enough to gift all of our electoral votes?)

or look at Illinois, basically a republican state if you cut Chicago off from it.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06857 seconds with 20 queries