Thread: A plan for 2016
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #103
Scott2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkpickle View Post
This. The GOP could stop courting the christian right, embrace amnesty and maybe even support gay marriage and the press will still have their bias toward the left. This election was not about amnesty, gay marriage, abortion on the government credit card or the economy. This election was about perception. I was amazed at how little people were informed on both sides. It reminded me of student counsel elections in junior high. Obama ran a near perfect campaign and defined Romney very early in his campaign as a rich guy who don't relate. Truth is they all are quite rich, including Obama. Bias media coverage of Romneys on camera comments sure did not help public perception either.
I believe most people are fiscally conservative. No one encourages frivolous spending. Romney lost votes due to social issues plain and simple. Did the media further peoples' concerns? Sure. Had Romney not identified himself as an enemy of women's rights and marriage equality, especially by throwing Paul into the mix, he would have won. The election was close. He didn't need to win over a lot more people to have taken it. There would have been enough people that voted on social issues that may have taken Romney, had he been a bit more neutral on those issues, that he would have won.
Scott2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06080 seconds with 11 queries