Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Cheapthrill-EB buggy verision" -not so cheap anymore pg 65
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM   #1331
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblockford79 View Post
Just an fyi - no one currently offers a reverse pattern valve body for any of the 4 speed Ford slush boxes. Best you can get is a forward pattern manual VB, these are expensive since only a couple places make them. Most are in the neighborhood if $600+, will not work with any ratcheting shifters. Mine was nice but 1st and Rev seemed to be 10 miles apart.

John, why are you thinking if getting away from the C6? How often would you use 4th gear? I rarely even use 3rd in my rig. The O/D trannys are weak in stock form and pricey to upgrade to get the strength built into them. Doesn't the 4R70 use an electronic servo pack and converter lockup?

I think the C6 or C4 are the only Ford autos for offroad use.

Sorry for the semi-hijack.

Cant wait to see the new buggy in action. I am really having to talk myself out of building my chassis this winter and you're not making it any easier. :D

NOT sent from an iPhone
Ballz. I havent researched if anyone made one yet. Thanks for the heads up, I was affraid off that I guess i will be getting the stand alone set up.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05213 seconds with 20 queries