Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1977 f-150 4wd Pic Update 1-17-13
View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Elvis13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1977 f-150 4wd Pic Update 1-17-13

1977 F-150 4WD 351M/400, C-6
Axles are a Dana 44 up front and a Ford 9" rear. Gear ratio unknown. Front 44 is the more desirable axle with the weld on wedges
Tires are 32x11.50x15 BFg at's, they are in decent shape probably 40% tread. 5x5.5 15x10 aluminum rims Check updated pic in the 2nd post, probably more than 40% tread

Runs and drives. I haven't driven it much but it starts quick, idles well and motor is tight. Has some hesitation but sounds like I need to mess with the timing. (adjusted the timing, hesitation is gone)

Pictures should tell most of the story but if you have any questions please ask.

The previous owner dumped a bunch of money into the motor in trying to get it running. He had timed it as a small block 351, starts perfect now. The engine compartment is chucked full of new parts. Including:
Cap
Rotor
Radiator (HUGE 3 core, 4" thick)
Carb
Iginition Box
Battery
Master Cylinder
Brake Booster
Voltage Regulator
Starter Soleniod

Including the booster and master cylinder both calipers have been replaced as well as a rotor and front pads.

Has some nice exterior parts inlcuding chrome rear bumper and bed rails (all in great shape, no rust at all) and lighted lund visor.

It still needs some cleaning and some TLC. It needs the oil dipstick changed, the passenger side cab mount reinforced, a front driveshaft, the collectors on the headers are rusted, the tailgate fixed but everything works the way it is.

I would be willing to lower the price if i kept some things, like the radiator, wheels/tires, battery, booster/ master cylinder etc. etc.

I have $1250 dollars into this truck and that's the lowest i can take at this time. I've had tons of offers at 1k and quite a few at 1100 and even one at 1200 in which the guy flaked on the last 50 bucks. I have too many projects that could use the new parts from this truck.

Last edited by Elvis13; February 20th, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06308 seconds with 20 queries