Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Stupid stuff my boss said....
View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:51 PM   #28
skife

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesdrivetrain View Post
I guess that was partly the point of my post, was to see what other opinions are out there. I've NEVER had anyone tell me to be careful with where the slag goes from cutting. I obviously understand what hot slag COULD do to a hose, but it's never crossed my mind to try and protect the hoses. I've NEVER had a problem with hoses, and never seen anyone put a hole in one either. I've had the same set of hoses for five years, and have used them a LOT more than the shop ones, and never had a problem.

I learned something about using torches. Thanks.

I'm impressed this rant got to two pages.

The correct answer is to have my own shop, and all my own tools, and fukc my own shit up, and have my own rules......wait, I do have my own shop, and my own tools, but I don't have a tire machine.

I do have a manual tire dismounter. Sawzall. But it's kind of hard to glue it back together if you want to resuse the tire. I have offered, and have put cash on the desk, for using the tire machine. I just get tired of listening to the bitching. I had to dismount 4 37" tires, I just took them to another shop, and paid the money. I understand a tire machine is a wear item, but I can't see how an extra 60 tires is going to blow the fucking thing up. The way he makes it sound it's going to die any minute when I'm using it.

Can anybody tell me if a screw style tire machine has more balls than the rim clamp style? Is the motor more powerful? The rim clamp style machines don't see to have enough nuts to dismount bigger/heavier sidewall tires.

Sometimes a shitty employees shitty attitude comes from working for a shitty employer. Keep that in mind....sometimes good employees are turned into having a bad atitude.

Glad SOMEBODY watches Trailer Park Boys.
I've done 40 series tires on a rim clamp machine.
skife is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.93759 seconds with 20 queries