View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Hillbillydelux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My buddies dad was the caretaker at lost lake boy scout camp in Farwell. It was originally owned by Henry Ford's secretary in the 20's and 30's. Apparently, Ford had some shady dealings with the mob, so the house was built more like a fortress. What appeared from afar to be log exterior walls proved on closer inspection to be 3-foot-thick concrete that had been carved to look like log. The perimeter of the house was surrounded by a moat, comple with machine gun turrets mounted to the roof. In the basement, a moving bookshelf hid a secret passage that lead to a nearby lake, providing a swift getaway to anyone being chased by mafia hit men.
I went there to stay a night during their offseason on my way north to deer hunt. It sits in the middle of a 3000 acre chunk of property and we were the only people around... Literally for miles. I used a bathroom at the top of the stairs before I took the "tour" When we came back up the stairs the bathroom faucet was on full blast, hot water steaming up the whole room. They had a ghost named George, and things like this happened daily. I was freaked out, and didn't stay. There have been several paranormal "experts" that have vistited the house and wrote some articles on their findings. Very cool place if you ever have the chance to go check it out. I think they have events throughout the year where they are open to the public.
Hillbillydelux is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05530 seconds with 11 queries