Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Halloween candy report.
View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 09:43 AM   #28
DuffMan
Your Message Here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Had a lighter than normal turnout.

We live in one of the few subs with sidewalks, so we get heavy traffic from locals and mainlanders who think they'll get better loot out here.

Little kids get a handfull (5-7) of name-brand stuff - unless they're wearing UM clothing where they receive one - unless they tell parent "go green" (under 10-11) or "Michigan sucks" older in which they get a load. I've done this so long, there are kids (and parents) who come prepared now.

Older kids get an amount proportional to level of effort placed into costume or delivery. for instance 13-14 year-old kid dressed in street clothes who quickly responded that we was wearing his buddy's clothes and going as him got buffed up (delivery). High school-aged gtoup of 6 kids where the guys were dressed as Playboy Bunnies (in last night's weather) and girls were gold-chained lounge lizards (think Spro) were likewise buffed up.

Young black kid about 7 or 8 came dressed os Obie. Because he was young, I didn't hassle him (wife got up and started running toward me when she saw the scenario start to unfold - she apparent thought I'd do something smartassed ) except to tell him that "no, I didn't make that candy myself". Junior high-aged kid came as "Vampire Obama" saying that he "wanted to suck my wallet". He got 10-15 pieces and a warning that he should eat more kale.

Page generated in 0.04771 seconds with 20 queries