Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - pinched sciatic nerve in my back?
View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:00 AM   #33
93yj06unlimited

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
Would this be similar to a problem my dad is having, but with his arm? Tons of pain, losing grip, mri shows nothing, muscle mass deteriorating in arm.

Btw, I don't think he drinks any water, unless it is in drink mix or alcohol.

He had been going to chiro, I keep telling him to stop sleeping on the damn couch... Been sleeping on it for 7-8 years. Now that the divorce is final you would think he would go sleep in the brand new bed he bought... Nope

Sent from my htc evo

Well for one MRI's are not 100% accurate my first MRI didn't show the breaks in my spine , also had a MRI not show a torn rotator cuff way back in 2002. I also have numbness and tingling in my arms and hands with loss of grip and feeling. I have been told it's caused by the bulged disc in my neck causing misalignment of the vertabrae and putting pressure on the nerves. So if your dad is having issues with his arms and hands it could be nerves being impinged in his neck as I have. They can do nerve function test to determine which nerves are affected. I have had the emg done several times as well as the SSEP (somato sensory evoked potential) test. The loss of muscle mass is called muscular atrophy I have it in my left leg. The nerves don't send a signal to the muscles so the muscles start dying off. I try to execise every day on my elyptical machine and go for walks as much as I can to try and keep some muscle tone but at times the leg just gives out and down I go . I have ended up tearing up my left shoulder from falling down the stairs at home. I would suggest more follow up with his doctor or ask for a second opinion.
93yj06unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09271 seconds with 20 queries