Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - fireplace insert guys
View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #1
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Default fireplace insert guys

anyone on here a distributor, know it all, expert, have a friend of a friend, recently install an insert?

I've been shopping around and haven't gotten serious yet, but am seeing prices ranging from $750 for something like this

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...2426_200442426

and then prices of around $2600 (for the insert) $4000 turn key installed from some joint in Waterford (emmet's I think) the guy was real helpful for one of these:
http://www.lopistoves.com/product_gu...d_inserts.aspx

the conversation went like this.

me:How much for that insert?
him:$3500-4,000

me:Ok, How about this one?
him:$3500-4,000

me:Same price?
him:Yup

me:But the units themselves are priced different, why is the installed price the same?
him:That's just how it works.

me:Oh, ok, have a good day.
him:You too, let me know if we can help.

Anyone recently install an insert? I am too lazy to figure out my fireplaces exact dimensions, but I am assuming there's a unit out there somewhere that will fit right in, besides installing the unit, and chimney pipe (damn that shit aint cheap) there doesn't seem to be much to it, and quite frankly I don't mind spending a few $$ on install, considering if I mess something up my house will go burn down.

So, anyone recently get an insert and recommend a good dealer or installer in the Flint/Detroit areas, close to fenton of course.

Also, any good stories about some of the cheaper units out there or worth it to spend the bigger money?

I have natural gas currently, so my heating costs aren't terrible, but if I can supplement with wood we'd like to.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06596 seconds with 20 queries