Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - '77 K10 Revival from Wood hauling hell
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #9
KingCutlass
Classic ridin'

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Got quite a bit done, sorry that I haven't stopped by sooner to update, but i've had some problems with getting parts together, money is tight.

So far:

*Finished putting the lift on minus steering arm, extended brake lines and spacer for swaybar. (Steering arm removal is a PITA)

*Refurbished my driveshaft and re-installed

*Got the box on the back, need to replace the flooring before I can put the mounts under it.

*I got new disc brakes, calipers, rotors and pads for the rear that I'm just waiting on mounting brackets (still haven't figured that one out yet) so I can install them.

*I bought new braided brake lines, but the ones given to me for the front are too short, haven't had time to go exchange em.

*Put in a smaller aftermarket steering wheel so I could actually get in the truck without crushing my leg between the wheel and seat. LOL

Overall it doesn't seem like a lot of progress listed out in writing, but when you look at the truck now compared to a few weeks ago, it's a lot considering I only get a few hours each weekend to work on it, MAYBE. Kids take up a lot of time.

I'll update more when I can. I still need taillights, I'm thinking of LED trailer lights for now, instead of buying OEM Stepside replacements.

Now I need bigger tires, although I'll probably have to use the 31's through the winter unless I can sell the three sets I have and get a set of 35's. Craigslist here I come....
KingCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07231 seconds with 20 queries