Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Free Birth control cuts abortion rates
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #79
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
You could say the same thing about my standpoint honestly.
Here's the way I see it. I would like to see some sort of a small very well defined and managed safety net for people. Like if your husband dies and you were poor but managing (or a defined list of scenarios) the state will help you get on your feet within 6 months by helping provide assistance if you agree to the following terms:
You are subject to random drug tests and you must pass them
You must show active participation in job hunting
You must not have any additional children during the support period
You cannot have any undeclared additional income- under the penalty of welfare fraud which is actually prosecuted

Now my ideal world isnt going to happen because no one can cut off the government teet. Knowing that I can't have the ideal situation and there is little hope of even a better situation with the politics as they stand in this country then my answer is yes to incentivizing birth control. I would make the birth control not like an IUD where they can go home and pull it out but more like the norplant where it's an injected hormone that stays in the system for five years.
This is scary.....I agree with the first half of your post, until you get to the underlined part.

To me this is like saying Mikey beats me, but it's too late to stop it so as long as he doesn't do it in front of our turtles its ok.

Or, mikey sleeps with the neighbor, and it breaks my heart, but as long as he doesn't bring home an STD its ok....

The government already provides way too much welfare, but since we (the working people) are being out voted, I'm ok with adding another program....

I can't believe I'm reading this shit.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06579 seconds with 20 queries