View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #77
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
The latter.

Given the CURRENT state of welfare, I agree with steveo in support of free birth control. This is where arguments get lost in the shuffle....arguing the ideal state of things versus the actual state of things. We can all argue all we want for how things should be, but I try to argue on the side of things that is the reality of this world.

Ideally, I'd prefer not to have any government safety net of any kind, with very few exceptions. However that's never going to happen. No one in government will ever have the balls to kick people off welfare that have kids (regardless of the responsibility being there or not when having those kids). Maybe it can get reformed, but even then birth control pills are still cheaper than paying for consecutive generations of welfare recipients. We can argue all we want about responsibility and what's right, but at the end of the day it's dollars and cents. I want whatever the option is that is cheaper for people who actually earn an income.
So, based on the slippery slope, or precedent, or just simply giving the lazy more reason to build bigger government and higher taxes you'll choose the easier way out and vote in favor of yet ANOTHER government hand out program.....doesn't seem very logical to me.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04008 seconds with 11 queries