Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - the '46 2A *82" of FUN*
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #28
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

So much for a solid Tub... The hat channels were rotted out... so I removed it all....

Sadly I thought it was worth saving when I bought it as it was very solid, but I found many brazed panals with 1/4" of bondo over them. Then the hat channels were rotten, so I took them off and it was punky where the wood is in contact with steel...

The vertical step I think is also going to eventually need to be changed/reinforced. It is mostly there but there are bad spots.

The tub is getting fixed/reinforced with 1" C-channel and The floors will be diamond plate. The tub is going on a 66 CJ5 with 34x9.5 TSLs and will be smoothed and painted slate grey with Navy markings, going for the used look

It will be a around town toy/ mild trail wheeler just to have some fun in, smiles per mile. when I saw the tub was rotten I figured fun is better then accuracy

I just HATE cutting on this 60 year old steel, every time I remove a piece I feel like I am removing history
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05763 seconds with 20 queries