View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #45
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper52 View Post
The flu thing isnt really apples and oranges. You cant control or legislate stupidity. stupid people shouldnt be allowed to talk or procreate but they still do, and we the taxpayers end up paying for it one way or the other. I was just talking about the financial load on society. they also have a needle exchange program for druggies. this I dont agree with but it cuts the cost of caring for them because we have universal health care. Maybe in the good ol USA the insurance companies should give them out. they should get proactive about saving money.

Please explain how it is not apples and oranges.

Flu:
Quote:
Typically, influenza is transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes, creating aerosols containing the virus. Influenza can also be transmitted by direct contact with bird droppings or nasal secretions, or through contact with contaminated surfaces. Airborne aerosols have been thought to cause most infections, although which means of transmission is most important is not absolutely clear.[8] Influenza viruses can be inactivated by sunlight, disinfectants and detergents.[9][10] As the virus can be inactivated by soap, frequent hand washing reduces the risk of infection.
Pregnancy:
Last I checked you couldn't "catch" a pregnancy bug by walking through the mall......

apples.

Oranges.

Now, if you want to go into further detail and say that the government being proactive and handing out free birth control may lower unexpected pregnancies thats fine, I get your point. But it does nothing for personal responsibility and it is not providing a service to prevent something you can't already prevent on your own. It's providing a service you should be responsible enough to try and prevent on your own.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05171 seconds with 11 queries