Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #66
big86inthestixx

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well wheeled the rig a little today, had no big issues with suspension. Need a winch for sucking down the suspension, but the main one works for now.
Found the weak link..diff cover and tie rod, definitely not up to par for ramming around in the woods or rocks. Slammed into a stump today, bent the tie rod, and slammed it onto the diff cover...which put a small hole in the cover. The bent tie rod brought back my death wabble. Easy fix.
The real issues i had were the charging/battery situation. Stupid optima, on charger again all night last night..wouldn't start the jeep today. Low voltage to my Taurus fan burned it up. So new plan is to buy a great big..deep cycle battery for a trolling motor, and make it fit in the jeep.
Reminder today also...why every time i go wheeling i pull my top off. Got in a little pinch in a little hole, and a tree decided to make a small sunroof for me.

Steering sux unless i have the front end sucked down with the winch.

Here is a little pic of the diff cover hole. Only leaked a little. Hole is about 3/4" tall and 2" wide..let a little fluid out, but hole is right next to the fill plug.

But all in all, had a blast and super happy with suspension. Works better than i expected.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
big86inthestixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07586 seconds with 20 queries