View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #84
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
Jim,
Orriginally it wouldnt fire. That issue is resolved due to wrong factory labels on my new fuel cell. It runs great. I just noticed at wot at the dunes i was popping and misfiring. so now trying to solve the lower pressure issue so it doesnt lean out in the higher rpms.
Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Now this is a whole different issue.
Flat gound? WOT only? how full was the tank? Could it be slosh like Casey is suggesting because of lack of fuel?
If that pump is only capable of 48ish that may be the issue. Can you get it to repeat? Put a gage on it while it's running. This one should be pretty easy to see.
You may also need to view the O2 sensor signal. If you're not seeing a good signal it may be leaning it out. Again a good streaming TechII will allow you to look at A/F ratio and injector pulse width and see if it's being 'told' to lean out or the fuel pump pressure is just low. I'm suspecting the latter as Whiterhino had a similar problem I believe a few years ago and a real pump fixed his problem. You also said your pressure was not up in the 60 psi range.
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04618 seconds with 11 queries