Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - SOLD - 2001 Lifted Land Rover Discovery
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #1
zook < jeep
AS-IS is AS-IS!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default SOLD - 2001 Lifted Land Rover Discovery

2001 Land Rover Discovery ... built for the ultimate family fun machine! The truck has around 108k on the ticker and runs strong, drives and handles fine. I have owned Jeeps, FJ Cruiser, Samurai and this by far is the most capable off-road while maintaining excellent road manners making it the perfect weekend warrior!

The Good:
2" Old Man Emu lift springs, shocks and steering stabilizer
Expedition Exchange front swaybar disconnects
32" BFG M/T KM2's
8000# winch
Bypassed ABS switch so NO 3 AMIGO PROBLEMS EVER AGAIN!
OEM Trailer Hitch
New P/S pump & hoses
K&N filter
All electric items work great (heated seats, seat adjust, lights, stereo, windows, etc.)

The Bad:
Trail pinstriping
The "new" power steering pump leaks. I guess British reman parts are no better than the Chinese!
Washer bottle needs relocated under-hood (includes brand new bottle & pump kit)
Electrical gremlins! I think the alarm is having issues because the driver's side turn signals come on solid at random

Vehicle mechanicals are rock solid! I just drove it down to West Virginia and back at 70-80MPH and climbed up the trails to get to my deer blind. You just need to disconnect the battery when you stop it since you have no idea when the lights will turn on. Price dropped to allow someone to fix this issue. $2000 in lift and tires alone!

SOLD ... Trade for just about any daily driver.

Last edited by zook < jeep; June 2nd, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.06638 seconds with 20 queries