View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Bones
skillicous

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones

Rough weekend for us, despite still finishing 4th in the Dirt Riot race and finishing with a checkered flag.

I'm still chasing down the reason our buggy won't run for crap once it gets covered in mud. About 45 minutes into the race, the buggy didn't have enough power to climb some of the sand hills, so I had to put the Atlas in low and run the entire course in low range (top speed of 37 mph, 3rd gear, red line). On lap 7, we pitted for a splash of fuel and after leaving the hot pits, the buggy just shut off. No power to anything. I wasn't thinkging of the obvious cause, so I jumped out of the car, pulled the hood, took a couple looks at wires, etc and it finally dawned on my to check our E-stop switch. Sure enough, it was flipped to off. By the time I got back in the car, belted in with the helmet and hans, we lost 8 minutes or so and put us another lap behind. We still finished 9 laps, which could have been 10 without the E-stop problem. That isn't too bad considering the leaders finished 11 laps, and I ran the last 75 minutes without being able to go over 37mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GL3_4400_results.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	96056  

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels