Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1982 CJ7 Limited Build
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #46
82cj7ltd
Saved by Grace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

yea I've always thought the opposite cause I've always heard about death wobbles and all kinds of higher speed (highway) effects.

Apparently with a smaller lift though (2") and when it's done right, a spring lift is better. Higher body mount blocks aren't dangerous if they're done right, but it can cause re-alignment issues elsewhere, like with running all your lines and everything like that. So I'm considering one.

Separate question........ trying to figure out which tranny I have for sure. Yea I know it's a thm 400....... but I'm pretty sure my buddy told me it had overdrive........ which means it could be a 4L60 (700R4) or 4L60-e (electronic). I've found a bunch of miscellaneous pages on these trannies, but these two pages are pretty good.

http://www.fortdodgetransmission.com...tification-gm/
http://www.fortdodgetransmission.com...-gm-700-700e/#

the bottom half page of the first link and the very top and very bottom of the second link are the pertinent parts. Looks like the 4L60 had overdrive and the 4L60e had overdrive..... so...... until now I'd always read that the 4L60 was only a 3 speed..... but they think otherwise. Dare I hope???

There is so much conflicting info about thm 400's, 700r4's, which are apparently different names for the 4L60 and 4L60e, not to be confused with the 3L80e or the 4L80 (in trucks), that it kinda confuses me. Right now I guess I want to know whether it's possible to have a 4l60 with o.d......... and if not........ whether I have that or a 4l60e.

My trans tag is 3195528 if anyone can fully interpret that. First # is year I believe so 1993, which is the last year for the 4L60 which may or may not have o.d. according to various sources but I think it does. It's also the first year for the 4L60e (according to my interpretation of my sources).......... so I'm not really sure. Just kinda going in circles here. Any help?
82cj7ltd is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06676 seconds with 20 queries